Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SUNDIAL

it seems the east is changing

the earth is becoming something else

i am standing very still on the earth

i am sitting on my bed in my room

it used to be the sun came in through these windows in my room

now it seems the sun comes in through these windows in my room


the earth is changing, these things happen

eventually the earth will change so that east will no longer be east



it used to be polaris that was the north star

then the earth changed and now it is some other star

and so my body is changing

and the east is changing

and this must be okay.

by the time the changing is finished, by then my body will have also have changed.


in the morning there are new shadows

that my body is making.

asking the body what shadows

it is making is useless.


the body will do as the body will do.


there is no use treating the body as a sundial.

there is nothing certain about the body except

that using the body as a sundial will change.



i find my body in a dark room

and my shadow drapes across it.

being velvet i am turned dark:

this is a reoccurring dream.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Hudson said...

Perfect for spring

February 27, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home