Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day

it feels like christmas except instead of opening your presents you are either surprised with your cousin throwing up on your head or getting a badass mace.

i have been nauseated all day. i rode my bike. i meditated. i tried to stay busy.

now i am at work watching cnn on my laptop and feeling my stomach churn, pulling at my hair at every bit of news, and trying not to be too optimistic.

today i rode my bicycle down a steep hill and said 'tomorrow everything will be okay.'

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

today everything is okay! we won!

katie and i were in barrymore's. we were drinking mixed drinks for her birthday. cnn came on and said "barack obama elected president." then fox news said the same thing. it was then that we knew we could let out our held breaths, and it was the that i knew i would not have to open my new pack of cigarettes today. i'm drinking tequila in orange juice to celebrate.

welcome to a whole new world!

November 4, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home