Friday, January 30, 2009

be gentle with each other

Mercury retrograde in Aquarius [Jan 11 – Feb 1, 2009]



in the past few days i have seen my entire little town covered in unforgiving ice. i have been out of power in my apartment for three days. my roommates and i have spent nights on various floors. i have fallen on the ice. i have broken my glasses in my sleep. i have gotten drinks sent back at work. i have somehow strained the little ball in the rubber band under my tongue. i have not showered in 3 days. and on top this, i have had two 'relationship-altering' experiences concerning two very close friendships, one of which i do not think will really survive.

last night i found my last cigarette in the dark. i used my phone to find the last match in the matchbook. i went outside and just as i lit the match and brought it to my mouth, it flickered and blew out. i am not ashamed to say i cried a little.

i mean, goddammit...

mercury is retrograde. this means it will be difficult for us to be honest with ourselves and each other. it will be hard to tell each other things. it will also be hard to write things too and it will be difficult to be happy with what you do write. it is important that we understand this. everything will get better on feburary 21st, after that i am moving. in the mean time, we must remember to be gentle with each other and with ourselves.

6 Comments:

Blogger xTx said...

this was quite comforting. i am sorry about your trials and tribulations. I would hug you if my arms could reach

January 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

last night i also tried to smoke a cigarette (only i haven't smoked in so long that it didn't feel that good). my friend held out his lighter and lit my cigarette because yesterday i realized i'd lost my lighter. my lucky black bic. the one i bought with my very first pack of cigarettes. the one i bought to smoke with when you left for denver and i was sad. the one i accidentally left in arkansas, and you accidentally brought back to me. yesterday, i realized that it was lost.

if i could i would send you all my cigarettes and an extra lighter too.

if i could i would send you wool socks and my long green armwarmers.

if i could i would send you heat and light and warm arms.

January 30, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger just jessica said...

February 21st isn't very far away at all.
This is good because things will get better, this is not good because you will be leaving soon after that.

January 31, 2009 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x27/joyful_grrl6000/4f08_hang_in_there.jpg

do as the kitty poster says.
feel better, friend.

February 2, 2009 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger wagner israel cilio iii said...

thank you all for the nice words. they are very much appreciated. but it's nothing a box of a franzia and weiner tug won't fix.

February 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a note from evie letting you know she's reading your blog now. Get excited. Or tell her to go away. Either/or.

I like you.

February 3, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home