Sunday, January 18, 2009

there is an iceberg spinning in my mouth

every night i listen to my brother


crying from the frozen lake where


half his body is solid below the ice.





in the morning he is blue and stiff.

in the morning there is a field of brightly colored feathers
stuck around the ice near his body.



when i woke up i was wrapped in a cocoon
of ribbons and strings.



the strings poured from my mouth



at the edge of the pond
i watched my naked brother
tear apart a wild dog
with his hands




there was dried blood on his mouth
and a fur in his nails.



i watched him walk into the water
carrying the broken dog in his arms.
when i called to him he did not respond.


his head bobbed above
while he struggled with the dog below.




i pulled a string from my mouth
and threw to him in the water.
but he refused it.



i sat on the shore until night
hugging my knees and weakly calling
to his head in the water



i kept calling and seeing if he would answer,
seeing if maybe he would say something back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carley Brown said...

I have no words. I dont even know what to think after reading that.

January 19, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home