Saturday, December 27, 2008

my brother saw pauly shore at the airport today while i smoked and read a book on language and imagery of the bible

the weather was warm today when i decided to break in my new adventure shoes. first i went to pay my rent. i walked through the alley by my house where there was broken glass. when i walked on the glass it did not penetrate my shoes and i was thankful.

i crossed the street. the wind was blowing and a car was coming. i put my hand on my hat and ran across the street. i felt my shoes provided proper support for the sprint.

i went to the bank to cash my check and when i went up the stairs i did not notice any problems. at the bank there was a line and i waited impatiently. when i tapped my feet to convey impatience i felt the soles of my shoes emitted a sound appropriate to my level of impatience. i felt the people in line knew to 'hurry the fuck up' even though i wasn't really in any kind of a hurry. details such as these are important to know for the future.

i cashed my check and then went to my landlord's office next door. they were closed so i started for home. i had $225 in my pocket. i went for a walk.

i crossed a bridge over the creek and the wind carried a spray of water into my face. i closed my eyes and tried to look like i was in the closing scene of a movie where the protagonist is content and satisfied with the universe. i felt that in terms of aesthetics my shoes helped convey to the viewer that i was a young and interesting character with deep thoughts and valid emotions concerning the state of mankind and its progress to someplace.

i kept walking and i ducked down to look into a hole in a wall. the wall had black bricks and was built in 1890 because that is what a carving in the wall said. i think this wall was where tourists used to gather when siloam was a healing resort. i walked up the hill and sat on the wall with my feet hanging over the edge. my shoes did nicely in dangling with my feet in them. they looked funny when i swung them around and pretended i was a muppet. i had kermit the frog legs. i thought it was funny. my shoes are funny.

a small asian woman came to fish at the creek. she was funny too. she suddenly noticed me and was surprised. she nodded her head up to say hello and i nodded down to say the same thing. she didn't catch anything. when she left she waved goodbye and i smiled it to her and wiggled my feet. my shoes wiggled with my feet and everything went accoriding to plan.

i laid down on the wall with my feet hanging over the wall going down 12 feet. i imagined the forest was hugging me and dragging me backwards into a fox den. in the fox den there were speckled holes on the ceiling that looked like stars. the foxes danced and sang for me. i tapped my shoes to the beat. i felt the beat was very well kept with this the tapping of my shoes.

i got up and then walked down to my house where i made toast and ate in the living room with the front double doors wide open and the warmness coming in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

that asian lady is ALWAYS fishing in the creek! she often has an old man companion who is probably near 60, and he always shoots glares that are a mix of "back off" and "oh shit they caught us!"
they are a conundrum and i have many times tried to unravel their mystery through logic and deduction. it hasn't worked.

December 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger wagner israel cilio iii said...

i am very interested by her now. she seems to be a siloam icon. i think she was afraid of me because i was sitting on a high wall in a stripped forest with my hands folded on my lap and wearing a bright blue sweater.

i hear you are in michigan now. i wish you could come on tentatively-set-new year's-in-denver trip.

December 27, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger xTx said...

where did you buy your adventure shoes and do they sell them in a 9 1/2?

December 27, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home