Monday, November 24, 2008

EARTH -- an epic micro-poem

1.

this morning
i walked around
in the forest
and climbed rocks.
my hands were in my pockets
and i was breathing steam.

2.

i looked out
over the mountains.
i dangled my legs
and laid down.

3.

when i woke up
i came down
and ate a biscuit.

4.

there was a troll
and his was mouth was gaping.
he was a trash can
and you were supposed to
put trash in his mouth.
i put my biscuit in his mouth.

5.

the park was open
to the public.
i found a dead possum
floating in the pond.
i squatted on the shore
and poked him with a stick.
when i finished
i put my hands
back in my pockets.

6.

i walked back to summer's house.
she was baking bread.
i ate another biscuit.
the park was okay.

7.

'i would like to live in a treehouse
and i would have book shelves
and a wooden bed.'

8.

'i would like to wake up
in the morning
with the sea lions barking.'

9.

'everything would be okay
because i would know
that i am living in a treehouse.
things would not be so bad i think.'

10.

i said goodbye to summer
and walked back to my house.
i climbed onto my bed
and fell asleep with
my legs dangling.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia P. said...

i like number five. it is my favorite part.

November 25, 2008 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Joshua said...

I that feel something is very true about this.

November 25, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger matthew savoca said...

this is great, i like it a lot

December 4, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home