Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rejection Letters 1, 2 & 3

Wagner,

Hello. Thank you for submitting. I found your video interesting and calming. Unfortunately, it's not what we're looking for. Our journal is a poetry and fiction video journal, and I didn't see what this video had to with fiction or poetry (other than the books).

Feel free to submit more videos in the future.

Sincerely,
XXXXX
***

Thank you for submission. We enjoyed reading your work but will not be publishing it in our August issue. I think that you are onto something with your David Lynch piece and would be interested to see it in a revised form. I would recommend heavily curbing your use of the word 'like', even if it is character dialogue. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Editor
XXXXXX

***

Dear Wagner Israel Cilio III,

Thank you for submitting your stories to XXXX. I regret to tell you we're going to pass on these. We appreciate the chance to read and consider them, and wish you all the best with placing them elsewhere.

Regards,
XXXXXX

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB! Rejection means you're putting it out there, just as you should. Only 3, though? Keep at it -- we pros are aiming to join the "100 rejection letters" club and there's only ONE WAY TO GET THERE!

That said, it's only human to wince a little. Care to join us, then, this week at Almostgotit.com? We're doing REJECTION ALL WEEK LONG!

Please join us by

(a) posting on your OWN site (don't forget to send me a link!)

(b) emailing me your own rejection stories, poems, and rants -- or make a Rejection collage, magazine cover or poster (see my post today for online art-making links). Post on your own blog or send it to me -- almostgotit(at)gmail.com -- and I'll post as many as I can later this week

(c) leaving your own depressing or funny-depressing stuff in the comment section at almostgotit.com.

We've only got one week, so wallow away, and do it BIG!

July 28, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home