Monday, December 1, 2008

dream #15

NOTE: i haven't dreamt since my last evil dream. i feel like i am waking up a little.

I was living with my friend Jessica in a small apartment near the library in town. There were young high school guys staying with us for the weekend. Across the street I had found a small rehearsal area. It was boarded up and old but warm enough to keep everything toasty. It had begun snowing. There was snow on the ground. I was worried it would be too cold. The high school kids kept me up at night yelling downstairs in the living room. One afternoon Jessica came home and I told her I had found a rehearsal space across the street and you could see it from the living room window. I said it would be perfect and the two of us could split the rent there too. Jessica was making food and there had been an accident with a pressure cooker and some food had exploded and the room was a mess. Jessica seemed very nervous and was cleaning up. I told her about the practice space and she said that she would love to but that she was moving to tahlequah to be near her gay friend who needed her. then she walked out of the door and drove away, presumably to tahlequah. I went to have dinner with a friend of mine who told me she was pregnant and that I was the father. I told her I didn't know who she was and ran out of the restaurant. When I got home the high school kids were playing drinking games. It was 11:00 at night. The kitchen was a mess from the pressure cooker explosion and the living was filthy because of the boys I told them that I had to get up early in the morning. in the morning when it was still dark i went to take a walk and when i was coming back the high school guys were packing up their jeep. they were leaving for somewhere. i felt very sad and lonely. i didn't know what i would do by myself. I tried to get them to stay but I didn't end up saying anything. I stood outside by the car in the snow while they finished packing. They all came out hungover and drove away yelping and fishtailing in the snow. I went inside and thought of names for my baby.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia P. said...

this is beautiful

December 1, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home